Saturday 10 November 2007

Neighbours, everybody loves good neighbours..

I have new neighbours

They owned the flat next to mine which they rented out, but sold their house and moved back in.

I met them a few months ago, doing their garden, which seems to be about all they do. I think the state of mine offended them at some fundamental, almost religeous level and, if I'm honest, even the wildlife was avoiding it now it was so untidy. You have to understand that the garden's are open plan, with each ground floor flat having it's own bit. Seemed nice enough people, although building a patio close to my boundry wall without mentioning it did seem a bit offhand.

I tidied it up and then got a gardener to finish off, but was left with a large pile of cuttings etc, which I was letting mulch down.

I walked into my kitchen a moment ago, just in time to see him throw a match onto my now petrol-sodden compost heap, which effectively exploded, taking both of us rather by surprise. The rather beautiful Buddlia bush behind it is also now basically charcoal. I am now faced with having to go in an explain that, whilst I appreciate his kindness in garden maintainence, I would rather he KEEPS THE F*CK OFF MY PLOT.

Where do these people get off? I am fuming and that is the only reason I'm not out there right now, but following closely on from the previous post, I am just NOT going to be 'English' about this. Sod etiquette (odd how a French word is used for something the French don't do), if this were America I'd have shot his lawnmower by now.

And Breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............

2 comments:

quin browne said...

shot it? you'd have a gunrack on your lawnmower if i know you.

Unknown said...

Gunracks on Lawnmowers?

Now THERE'S a business idea.

We could sell them online

www.critter-racks.com